Benevolent HealthCare Services is seeking experienced, hardworking, energetic medical staff! Immediate positions are available, both full and part time. Experience in correctional health is preferred, but not required. See details below.
To apply visit www.benevolenthealthcare.com/careers/ or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Benevolent Healthcare Services, LLC
Dillwyn Correctional Center
$50 per hour
Immediate upon hiring
Length of Appointment
13 weeks – Ongoing
- Graduation from an accredited Registered Nurse training program
- VA state Board of Nursing license or license eligible as an RN (licensure from other states participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact also accepted); Clean license
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- 1-2 year(s) prior experience as an RN in corrections and/or mental health setting (preferred)
- Be willing to submit and pass pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and background check
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide professional nursing care to adult patients in a Virginia Department of Corrections setting.
- Assists the physician or other medical provider by observing and recording patients’ behaviors to create custom care plans, assessing patients’ symptoms to diagnose, and carry out proper treatments;
- Preparing and administering prescribed medications, implementing nursing measures for safety, first aid and emergency interventions;
- Supervising other nursing staff as well as assisting with measuring/recording vital signs, performing with various clinical procedures and diagnostic tests, performing venipuncture and IV therapy as needed, accurately recording all patient interactions, setting up and maintaining clean medical equipment and treatment rooms, assisting with patient education in accordance with your scope of authority as governed by the state Board of Nursing.
- Properly documenting all assessments and treatment measures in a timely fashion as outlined by state and facility protocols.
- Maintaining confidentiality of patient records, treatments and communications as outlined in HIPAA regulations.
Apply today! Visit www.benevolenthealthcare.com/careers/ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.