Location: Various (VA) Department of Corrections.
NP/PA Contractor. Part time/Full Time weekly hours. Requirements: Graduation from an accredited NP/PA program, licensed or eligible for license in the state of Virginia. Responsibilities including but not limited to; analyze and interpret patients histories, symptoms, physical findings or diagnosis information to develop appropriate diagnosis for acute health problems like infection illness or injures and treat said health problems. Prescribes medications based on efficacy, safety and cost as legally authorized. Assist with preparation and modification of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients individual circumstances; while following all rules and requirements of the facility as governed by state and local authorities as well as facility administration. Flexible hours. Great pay. Click below to apply.
Benevolent HealthCare Services is seeking experienced, hardworking, energetic medical staff! Immediate positions are available, both full and part time. Experience in correctional health is preferred, but not required. See details below.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Must oversee individual patient physical therapy treatment program under the direction of the Physical Therapist at a Virginia Department of Corrections facility; facilitating and carrying out the rehabilitation plan for physical therapy patients, managing physical therapy staff, to include nursing staff assigned the physical therapy clinic, writing reports and documenting treatment as directed by the Physical Therapist and per the state and facility guidelines, following all rules and requirements of the facility as governed by state and local authorities as well as facility administration.
- Prepare for therapy sessions by organizing treatment locations, setting up and maintaining equipment for patient use.
- Office duties such as requesting/ordering supplies, receiving phone calls, taking appointments calling patients and completing and filing paperwork.
- Treat and manage a population of patients with a variety of physical, personality, social and mental health disorders in a Department of Corrections setting.
- Evaluate referred patients’ physical capabilities and implement comprehensive rehabilitation plans, within guidelines of the physical therapist’s treatment plans, and create detailed reports outlining patients’ progress toward plan goals.
- Complete all documentation, reports, medical chart updates, etc., within the required timelines as provided by the Department of Corrections and facility guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient records, treatments and communications in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Physical Therapy Assistant degree, or equivalent, from an accredited PTA training program
- Current Virginia license/certification
- Experience working with inpatient/outpatient physical therapy programs, performing standard PT evaluations, and implementing PT treatment plans under the direction of a licensed physical therapist
- Ability to manage a small team of treatment professionals to carry out individual PT treatment programs, such as PT assistant, nursing staff, recreation aide, etc.
- Willingness to work in a Department of Corrections setting, submit and pass a pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and background check
Get In Touch